Sunday, April 14, 2013

Prom Season Is Half Over

Prom season is killing me.  It's half over and this was the hardest week to get through for me.  Honestly, this week was terrible.  I'm thankful for my job, I like my job, and I like the people I work with.  But, 60 hrs a week is too much time to spend with people.  I don't think I could handle Rich that much and we've been happily married for 20 years.  UGH.

Any who, I have been trying to stay creative despite the long hours.  On Easter, I made a new purse.  I bought this kit at Sweet Annie's a few years ago.  I was so impressed with her purchase of such bright fabric.  Love it!  I also have a kaleidoscope quilt kit waiting for me with the same collection.  It's going to be fabulous.  Someday.
Then I decided to do this teacup that I've wanted to get to for awhile.  I wish I'd used a different background to show the white of the cup better.  And those flowers were SO difficult.  The pattern was supposed to be enlarged 200% and I only did 150% because I wanted it to be life size.  Teeny, tiny leaves and petals.  It sucked.  And, quite honestly, doesn't look that great.  I had Bethany write the words and then I stitched over it.  That part, I like.  It's my new cubicle art.
Then, today I got some time to finish my trees.  I like the way they turned out.  It took most the day to make 18.  Well, make the blocks and do my taxes.  I still haven't cleaned the bathroom or kitchen.  Or, finished the laundry.  But, I am almost caught up on Cupcake Wars.  That's also important.

No matter how hard I tried to make these blocks random looking, I did the old "well s**t" about 6 times.  For example, these two side corners turned out to be the same fabric on both sides of the tree.  They weren't supposed to be.  And, in a few blocks I managed to put some identical half square triangles together.  Dang it!

I may need to purchase some fabric before I go any further.  I don't have any long strips of fabric to use for the applique part of the quilt.  It may be mid-May before I get to that.  Something to look forward to, I suppose.  And, with that I will say ado, my friends. 


Remember, friends don't let friends try to reserve tuxedos at the last minute.  For God's sake people, plan ahead!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Work certainly interferes with fun, doesn't it? Must be something in the air - last week was crazy for me and I don't have a season to blame for it! The teacup turned out cute (you are too critical!) and I love, love, LOVE the trees - can't wait to see that one assembled!