Monday, September 9, 2013

Finishing A Few Things



I know, it's been awhile since I've had a blog moment.  I intend to write every weekend but life interrupts.  Not to mention, now that I have an iphone, I realize how much my laptop sucks.

So, life's been pretty weird.  The kids went back to school.  Hunter brought home pink eye.  I've been in the thick of summer wedding season and that's working it's way into fall wedding season.  I think we had one slow week somewhere in August.
All that hasn't kept me from my stitching.  Maybe, slowed me down some.  I've been mostly finishing things up.

I added the red rim and white blanket stitch to my strawberry vase mat.  I think that's a big improvement.  And, I am currently happy with something I've made.  Mark your calendars.

Then, I did some lacy embroidery on my strawberry valentine.  This was supposed to be due this month at TAS but is now extended to October.  I hope the other members do their funky fat quarter challenge.  I'm really interested to see what everybody came up with.  Then again, I've won a few challenges by being one of the very few participants...
Sure, I finished some things.  But, that didn't stop me from starting a couple new projects.  This is from Elephantz.  Check out her awesomeness at her website (link provided).  She's all about applique and embroidery.  Imagine me liking that.
Then there was the pink eye.  I had to replace all my makeup so, I decided to make an new, pink eye- free makeup bag...I think it's still missing something.  I think I want to add some vintage/ rhinestone buttons.  I'm not happy with my creation, things must be returning to normal.

No comments: