Saturday, August 3, 2013

A New Month, A New Day

Well, I knew I'd been in a slump but this is ridiculous.  It's like I have nothing to show for a month of my life.

On July 3, I started to take some medicine to get my migraines under control.  Before I knew it, I was almost comatose.  I've never been so sick.  Rich had taken the kids to Iowa for 4 days and I was supposed to use the time to be creative and awesome.  Nope, sick and depressed.  I put new shelf paper in my cupboards...it had been 10 years after all.  And, I bought a new butter dish.  It's really cute.  That's what I did when I was on my own, without cooking and laundry for others.  So, I stopped taking the pills after a week.  There's one week of my life, I'll never get back.  Then, another week to start to feel better.  Then, the migraines came back.  I guess I don't know what happened to the other 2 weeks, they just disappeared.

I did make a table runner out of the left over blocks from my brother-in-laws wedding quilt.  Thinking ahead for fall.  Not my thing but Rich loves those colors.  I really like the fabrics when I look at them individually.  Great, rich colors.


My mother-in-law gave me poinsettias for Christmas and they came in that cute white vase.  It's been sitting empty on my table since they died.  I was SHOCKED at the prices of plastic flowers!  You used to be able to get them so cheap.  So, I waited until these went on sale 70% and did the whole arrangement for under $15.

The table mat with strawberries is from the book my friend Donna gave me.  I did the daisy block a couple months ago from the same book.  I don't feel like it's finished.  My TAS friends felt the same way and helped me come up with the big finish.  I bought some red felt to do a "rim" around the bottom.  It should cover the stitching underneath and give it the little extra something.

Then, more strawberries.  I started Strawberry Social by The Pattern Basket.  I think it's going to be super cute when I'm done but it's so monotonous!  A couple here and there and I might finish it some day.

I have really slowed progress on my own wedding quilt.  I still love it but I'm getting a bit bored with it, too.

Now I'm trying out a gluten-free diet for the migraines.  That's depressing, too.  I love cupcake lab.  A lot.  It's Rich's fault, he suggested I give it a try.  I was gluten-free all week, gluten on Thurs and Fri and migraine by Sat.  2 weeks in a row.  Ding, ding, ding.  Now to find out how to live without wheat.  Most of the pre-mixed flours contain soy.  I'm allergic to that, so I'm going to have to go into Missouri to find special flours to mix my own.  Tonight I tried a pie crust.  It's weird.  Whine, complain, whine, pout.

This is August, and August is a new month.  We bought an awesome new bed and each day I'm going to wake up feeling better.  And, feeling better is going to turn into feeling creative.  Feeling creative is going to make me awesome.

No comments: