Sunday, July 31, 2011

This hansome dude is my oldest son Hunter. He's modeling his sister Bethany's new dance bag. We saw a baby quilt in a magazine with this super cute owl on it & decided to make a hybrid of that pattern and the bag pattern I just got. Hunter drew the owl for me because the original was really big. Such a good boy :P The fabrics were found on my recent trip to Paducah. It doesn't show very well, but, my friend Pat Boker helped locate the stripe on the owl's belly at Eleanor Burn's shop. Now I have lots of leftovers to do something else later.

I've been planning this State Flowers quilt for so long, I don't remember when I started thinking about it. I've had several customers come in with their finished blocks trying to match fabric to them. So, I decided to match my blocks to the fabric before I even got started.

Originally, I wanted the blocks to be on a black background so that the thread color really pops off of it. Then I started thinking about how much work it was going to be to trace all those flowers on to black fabric. So, I found the yellow gingham instead :) I saw a really cute cross-stitch sample at Mom & Me Forever that used a lavender gingham background and LOVED the look. We'll see if it turns out, or not.

Since I apparently agreed to go camping with the family:( I thought I should get these prepped to take along if I need to.
We've also got a trip to Minnesota coming up at some point.
Last but not least, my lastest pin cushion. Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream, anyone?

No comments: