Sunday, January 26, 2014

Yay For More Time Off

I can't believe my lay off was about to be over!  I got my new schedule the other day and found out it was extended by 2 weeks!  Yay!  I feel like I got a reprieve from the warden.  I've got so much to do still!  I deleted one of the games off my phone so I would stop wasting so much time.  Between phone games, flu, Rich and Bethany's birthday and wrangling teenagers, I'm not getting much sewing done.



I made this Turning Twenty quilt  a LONG time ago but stopped before I put on the borders.  I had myself convinced that I didn't have enough to do the inner border.  So, I waited and waited until I could buy some more fabric.  Then, the other day I got it back out and realized I had plenty to finish it.  Doi!  I don't know what I was thinking!  I guess, sometimes you just need to step away from something.  It's Alice In Wonderland for Sierra.  She's always been a big fan of the original story.  Not Disney.  That was important to her.



I've also been doing some organizing.  I labeled my fabric boxes and added a few more (the picture shows about half).  This took WAY longer than it should have.  My first batch printed wrong and I didn't have any more labels.  So, I waited to get more.  Then, they printed wrong two more times.  Geez!  The labels have little butterflies around them.  Much ado about nothing, I just keep doing these crazy little things that suck up all my time.


Not to mention, the couple of hours I took to re-design my blog and set it up on Bloglovin.


I've also been organizing my DMC thread.  I'm slowly adding to my collection every week.  I did try to buy an American brand, the one they sell at Hancock's.  It was terrible!  Really rough thread.  Won't be doing that again.  At least I tried to give them a chance.  But, the French know what they're doing when it comes to embroidery thread.  I'm interested in trying Cosmo brand some time.  It's pretty big on the internet but I haven't seen it local.

Then I finished two more tulip blocks.  It doesn't seem like much again this week.  I did some painting, too but I'm not ready for  pictures yet.  I took 3 large wooden circles and drilled holes into them to make giant buttons.  I did this like, a month ago and just painted them today.  They are a HUGE mess.  I'm just not sure what direction to take with them.  We'll see.


No comments: