Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Triangles Never End

Remember all those half square triangles?  The guild is doing a UFO (unfinished object) challenge in January.  I think they said your project has to be 30% pre-done and then you have to finish it by January.  They don't even expect you to quilt or bind it.  Done.  I'd been saving a big piece of this batik for just the right project.  I really like the way this turned out.  The fabric always reminded me of my mom.  It's got all her favorite colors in it.
Oh look, I still have more triangles.  Now what?  I'm considering gifting them to a secret pal.  Maybe.  And the next time I need half square triangles, I'll count them first.
I slowed down a lot on my wedding quilt.  The blocks get more and more complicated as I go and I'm running out of fabrics to use.  I still really like it, but I'm not sure how many more I'll be doing.  Since I've been trying to use the fabric I already have as much as possible lately, I've heroically stayed away from the fabric stores.  Well, except to get lady bug fabric and mini strawberries.  But, I really needed those.
This is what I have so far.  Now that I look at the picture, I guess I'll at least be doing 3 more or I'm going to have a funky shaped quilt.  Maybe 4x4 with an appliqued border.  I've never done a serious appliqued border before.  Not really looking forward to that but just a plain fabric border would be all wrong.
One of the girl's at work got married a few weeks ago.  So, I made cupcakes, naturally.  These are white cake with strawberry compote and a creme fresh frosting.  The hearts are white chocolate that I spray painted gold.  Yum.
And, then for Corey's birthday, I made the Guiness cupcakes with toasted marshmallow cupcakes.  These were a little disappointing.  I really expected a strong beer flavor but they were just chocolate with a little something different to them.  Hunter really liked them.  He pre-ordered them as his birthday treat.  For my boss, Dearyle, I made Snicker Salad.  That was probably my favorite.

No comments: