Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bunnies Prefer Chocolate

Our guild's President's Challenge this year is pretty complicated.  You need:

1  diamond shape
2 different quilting techniques
3 colors, 1 has to be emerald
4 types of thread and
5 different fabrics.

Sharon Noffsinger is lending me her Bunnies Prefer Chocolate pattern because she's awesome.  I think with a little tweaking, I could turn it into my challenge entry.  No idea where to put the diamond shape, yet.

Every block is both pieced and appliqued already.


I've got way more than 3 colors.  I think I'm going to give the biggest bunny an emerald necklace to wear.

I will have cotton piecing thread, I applique with silk, then I already have pearl cotton and regular embroidery floss on them.

 And, I think each block has at least 5 different fabrics.  Easy, peezy, lemon squeezy.

Here's the story.  It's illegal bunny racing.  So, all the chicks kind of have this serious look in their eyes.  Almost mad.  There's a lot of jelly beans at stake and they take this stuff seriously.  Not to mention, the bunnies are the over lords of the whole operation and they resent them.

The bunny riding the rooster is the foreman.  He's a real bad ass.

The large bunny with the tulips is the master mind.  She's making bank on everyone's misfortunes. That's why she's going to have the emerald necklace.  It'll be tasteful but expensive.
So far, I'm about half way done.  And I LOVE it.  It's a lot of fun to do and I'm digging the little story that I gave them.  It makes the project all the more fun.  There's even a bunny driving a race car.  Oh, I think I'll but a diamond shape on his car with a racing #.  Done.

No comments: