Monday, June 17, 2013

Well, At Least It's Not Candy Crush

Grandbabies are popping up all over the place at work.  My friend De is about to be a first time grandma and she quilts, so I had to come up with something other than a quilt.  And, my wrists hurt when I crochet.  I decided to give these baby blocks a try and they were a lot of fun to make.  I had a pattern, but honestly, you can do it without.  Sierra had the cool idea of making giant dice.  That would be fun!

Then I made Cookie Dough Cupcakes for another co-worker's B-day.  They were SO good!  Just use a cake batter and drop frozen cookie dough in the center before you bake it.  Don't overcook.  Only bake for 16 min.  Cool completely.  Then I topped with my favorite fudge butter cream.  YUM.  There's another birthday next week.  I can't decide what to do next.  I'm thinking banana.  Either with chocolate ganache and peanut butter frosting, ala Elvis.  Or, just banana cream.

My yellow bag was WAY too small!  I loved the fabric but I couldn't fit anything in it.  And forget about going to the movies when your family thinks you can sneak in a bunch of sodas.  No.  So, I got this pattern (McCall's?) for a dollar a long time ago.  I was waiting for the right fabric to present itself for the right price.  I love those 40% off coupons.  Of course, there are a few things I'd like to change but you know how that goes.  There's always next time.

Like my model?  He loves his mommy.  Yes, his bracelet says "I love Boobies".  He's still a teenage boy/man... supporting breast health.

Still no picture of my trees.  And, I could have sworn I took pics of my latest applique project but I guess not.  Something for later, perhaps.  Anyways, Rich and I are watching Heat.  1995, back when DeNiro and Kilmer were mega cuties.

No comments: