Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'm Not Sure,They Might Be Too Masculine...

I feel like a broken record but, I don't like working all these hours.  It's exhausting.  I feel like nothing is getting done and Rich feels like the world is falling apart around him.  We just have to get through May and everything will mellow out.

I'm planning Hunter's Birthday Luau for next weekend.  I just did my taxes the other day.  I don't recommend doing that when you have the flu & you owe money... Not good for the stomach.  Then, Hunter has Prom.  Sierra has her 8th Grade Formal.  Mother's Day:)  Hunter's Graduation party. Then, my birthday.  Then, the girls' have their dance recital.  Then, Prom Season is over and life can go back to normal.  How much do you want to bet, I won't know what to do with myself when it's all over.

Easter was nice.  I did a lot of cooking.  We tried dying our eggs using Kool Aid this year.  Not a huge success.  Don't bother with the lemonade.  Purple was weird but ended up really cool after it dried.  And, it really did smell yummy.

Don't be alarmed, Ethan never has a shirt on.  A little tip, make sure that your containers don't have holes.  I think I had to replace more than half of my containers because they all leaked dark Kool Aid all over my counter.
I've been working on a Block of The Month while on my breaks at work.  It's super cute but it's taking me forever because I get things done 15 minutes at a time.  I'm currently on block 2.  And, we're half way through the 4th month.

I won a Jackman's gift card at our Guild meeting this month.  So, decided to buy a couple patterns that I've had my eye on.  These fabulous pot holders are from one of the patterns.  I made them to match my beautiful kitchen curtains:)  The other one is a house wall hanging with yo-yo trees and animals.  I got the spring version.  Gonna be cute.

I also spent a lot of time today making new curtains for my sewing room.  I'm not sure, they might be too masculine.  The lighting is really bad in the pictures but the fabric background is white on white polka dots. 
 The color of this picture is better.  Now I'm out of the yellow fabric I made the roses out of.  Originally, I just wanted 2 but now I think I might want 2 for each curtain.  I may end up with a bouquet when I'm done.  Who knows.  Hope everyone stays safe in this tornado weather!  See you soon.

No comments: