Monday, March 3, 2014

Is That A Tulip In Your Pants, or Are You Just Happy To See Me?


I'm back to work but I'm trying to stay a little creative.  Fred and Dorothy's quilt got finished.  It's more than she asked or paid for but she's really happy with it and that's cool.  When she mentioned she was going to want one for herself (this was a gift) I said it would cost double.  She voluntarily paid me extra for the extra work.  So, that was cool too.

I used Mountain Mist quilt batting for the first time and it was horrible!  You know that cotton that pulls apart in the medicine bottle and won't come out.  It's just like that.  When I was making the quilt sandwich my fingers would rip right through.  That is NOT the place to same money.


Rabbits Prefer Chocolate got the borders put on.  I did end up hand appliquing the scalloped border and I love the stripe fabric I found for it!  If you don't look too closely, it appears that my corners match up just fine.  And, if you do look too close, go away.  Nobody needs your negativity.  I'll have to wait until my machine comes back from getting a tune-up before I quilt it.  Hopefully in time for the guild's May meeting.


I finally got around to repainting my buttons.  Okay, so I bought the paint and asked Rich to do it for me... that should count for something.  They're so much cuter now!  Don't look too closely, or you'll see all the paint layers underneath and Rich's finger prints from when he brought them back in the house.  And, if you do look too closely, go away.  Nobody needs your negativity.


Just last night I finished another tulip block.  I was telling Rich that I didn't like it.  The spheres at the base of the large tulip really bothered me.  We looked at each other and said "They look like testicles."  Then he says, it wouldn't have been so bad if the center wasn't that shade of pink.  Yep.  I have a penis on my tulip.  You totally see it, right?!  Can you see the light shadowing?  So, he suggests I embroider some fuzz on the spheres to make the look complete.

During the Oscars I embroidered along the "tip" to disguise it a little.  Nope.  Now it looks diseased.  This one time I had a pair of sandals that had flowers on top that I decided looked like vaginas.  I never wore the shoes again.  So, as I see it, I have 2 options here.  One, get rid of the block and do something less phalic.  Or, two, put it in the quilt where it will always lay across Rich's crotch.



2 comments:

Dana said...

Oh my....that is seriously unfortunate! At least you've made this discovery early enough to make a conscious decision to either ditch the block or provide entertainment for folks at the next quilt show!

The bunnies are looking fantastic! Can't wait to see them in person!

susiefloozie said...

Before I read that you loved your striped fabric in the scallop border, I was looking ahead and declared, "I LOVE the striped scallops!" Great minds!!

As for the tulip ... well, 'nuf said! HA!