Monday, September 3, 2012

Confucius Say: Wear noodle on face, have good luck all year long!

 We went to Chicago last week on a three day weekend that Rich and I happened to have together.  I don't even know when the last time that happened!
Hunter chose not to come with us.  He didn't want to drive there in the back seat of the Lincoln with his sisters.  The Lincoln, by the way, was not meant for driving in the city now that he has that giant motor in it.  That bored out motor took the Town out of the Town and Country car.

My nephew Gib and his wife Ruth and kids Zosia and Avi live there and were kind enough to offer their home to us.  We had a great time seeing them.
 The first night we went out for Chicago style pizza at Connie's.  YUM.  It's funny how we forget what it's like having small children.  My heart bled for Gib and Ruth having to keep the kids (3 and 1) happy in the restaurant.  I completely take it for granted that my children aren't going to throw their food on the floor and scream at me for not being quick enough with the lemonade.

Lincoln Park Zoo was our second day.  Ethan was apparently sick of me at this point...


Zosia was in total command of my kids the whole weekend.  She chased Ethan around calling him her treasure!  So adorable!  And now I'm really upset that I didn't get a decent picture of Avi.  Ugh, I'm a terrible Great-Aunt.
 Just hangin' with Bill Shakespeare.

Molly's Cupcakes.  We walked from the zoo to here.  Ethan was pissed!  Not pleasant.  Gib and Ruth got an idea of how not perfect my children are at that point.  Yikes.




I decided I was going to make a trip to the only quilt store in Chicago.  I believe this is where the daughter of one of Fons and Porter tapes her online show Quilty.  It was not worth the trip.  By far the smallest store I have ever seen.  They carry contemporary and 30s fabrics, and I'm not a big fan of either.  And it was a big deal getting there.  I felt terrible because everyone was already crabby and hot from the zoo and cupcakes.  Really bad idea...
I'll tell you what was a good idea, Chinatown!  We went to the best Chinese Food! I think it was called The Triple Crown.  Double YUM!

Confucius Say:  Wear noodle on face, have good luck all year long!

No comments: