Friday, February 15, 2013

My Gift to the World Shall be Diabetes


On Super Bowl Sunday, my company had a bake sale to raise money for one of the girls that works with us.  She's receiving cancer treatments and her husband went into the hospital with gall stones at the same time.  They were able to raise a bunch of money for the cause, which was really exciting.
I made Orange Crush cupcakes that I found on Pinterest.  And then, packaged them in a 9oz plastic cup that I also found on Pinterest.  These were really, really delicious.



I also tried to make Mt Dew cupcakes.  Yes, Pinterest.  Now, these were delicious but the rim of all of them burned.  I think it was the liners I used.  They were lined with metallic shiny stuff and I think that made the difference.  The cake itself was super moist and yummy.  The frosting was not good.  Surprisingly, butter and Mt. Dew are not besties.  So, I didn't sell them because I didn't think they rated a price tag.


And I tried to do a fancy swirl thing with the frosting that didn't work out really well either....

One of my supervisor's last day was this week.  She's been with the company for 12ish years.  She's got a really good sense of humor so I went with my best communication skill.  Sarcasm.  The cake itself was really good.  I used a french vanilla cake mix, added some rum extract, and a box of pistacio pudding times 2 because it was a big cake.  Then, I soaked the baked cake with a butter rum sauce that was on the back of the extract box.  Do you ever eat Butter Rum Lifesavers.  Yeah, the sauce tasted just like that.  Then I covered it in cream cheese frosting.  Not gonna lie, it's good.  Apparently, we've got a bunch of health nuts in the office because I brought 1/2 of it home today.

No comments: